Re: [NTLK] Ejecting cards

From: R A Parker <QuadzillaNET_at_Newted.ORG>
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 22:31:00 EDT

On Thursday, October 5, 2006 at 10:10 am Javier Monllor wrote:

> Is there a specific way cards should be removed?
> Right now I press plastic eject button on the side
> of the MP and the Newton tells me I have to reinsert
> it since one software or another needs the card. I
> then reinsert the card and can then remove it.

This is the normal unmount procedure. The Newton is just being smart (for you). To obtain a faster unmount, freeze those packages that complain. Then, when you push the eject button, it won't ask you to reinsert.

> I can't find a place on the NOS to click "Unmount
> card" or something so that this doesn't happen.

Not neoeesary, the eject button is the unmount command.

There is unmount function as part of the ATA Support driver, but it only unmounts ATA partitions, not normal Flash Cards. Once again, it is not neccesary

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM