[NTLK] A suggestion regarding email addresses

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 12:18:39 EDT

It has been brought up before to be careful with email addresses on the
list as they are stored online and can be "mined" by spamers. Hence
many use tricks to keep them from this when they post their email
address such as youraddressnospam@someplacenospam.com.null or such. If
you remove the nospam and the .null at the end of the address it will
work (well it would if it was a real address).

Well that has has been covered, but I would like to bring up another
aspect that I have noticed recently. There are many email clients
(programs) that when you hit reply it not only does the usual marking
separating the original message from yours BUT they also put the email
address at the top as well as the posters name. Now in private email
this is fine and useful. However on a list it posts the original
posters email address for all the world to see (and stored forever in
the archive). The list archive changes the from address so that spamers
can't "mine" the archive in that maner. But being that this is stored
in the body it is open vulnerable.

Now I know many don't care about this, but others do. So I suggest
going into your email client's settings and changing them so that when
you respond to a email it does not post the original posters address in
the body of the email.

-Dan