Re: [NTLK] YAZI Contact Info

From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 21:26:04 EDT

on 02/10/06 20:45, Matt Howe at matthowe@comcast.net wrote:

> Awhile back I lost my registration and had to reregister my copy of YAZI.
> They were very helpful. The reply with my renewed (for free as they had me
> on record) registration was received from Sanjay Vakil svakil at gmail dot
> com. Hope this helps.

I was not so lucky with the maker of VoiceNotes, Modasys. Their registration
number is tied to the Newton hardware. Usually, you can use your serial key
with the serial number of the Newton to generate another registration number
from their website but for some reason, it won't work for me. I've tried
contacting them by using their form on their website, emailing them, but
they will never reply. I don't understand why they don't release their
software since they won't support it anymore. As a result, I have several
recordings that I can't access anymore.

So, if anybody was thinking at some point to get VoiceNotes, I would
recommend you stay away. It's a perfect example of people cashing your hard
earned cash and then disappearing when they milked the cow for all it was
worth.

-Laurent.

Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:laurent.daudelin@verizon.net
pointy hat: n. See wizard hat. This synonym specifically refers to the
wizards of Unseen University in Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" serious of
humorous fantasies; these books are extremely popular among hackers.