Re: [NTLK] Unlikely eBay UK price for Newton 2100

From: Jack Skoda <jskoda_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 10:55:12 EDT

On Oct 2, 2006, at 08:23, Gisela Isten wrote:

>> I have heard of a set of scripts that will post items for sale as one
>> user and then bid on them as another until the auction is over, then
>> post glowing feedback.
>
> Hmm... will this script also pay eBay's commission on the item
> 'sold'? ;-)

Apparently they use 1 cent buy it now auctions. Here's a link to the
whole article:

http://www.techweb.com/article/showArticle.jhtml?
articleId=191600603&pgno=1

I figured a $0.01 auction would be something to trigger an anti-
scammer trigger on eBay, but apparently there are things that sell
for a penny.

--J