Re: [NTLK] Wireless driver and WEP

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Sun Nov 26 2006 - 04:31:24 EST

On Nov 26, 2006, at 1:45 AM, Steve Hammond wrote:

> If I configured WEP on both NT and PB, either 40 bits or 128 bits, it
> does not work. When disabling WEP, I can use the Newt wirelessly
> without any problem.
>
> Any idea what's going wrong?

Does the wireless card support 40 and 128 bit encryption? Many cards
that were compatible with Newton only support 32 bit encryption,
which was thought to be safe back in the days. These days, 128 bit
WEP is cracked anyways, so you can leave your connection wide open
anyways... .

----
http://robowerk.com/