Re: [NTLK] Size & OS starting to get there...

From: Aaron Eiche <aaron.eiche_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Nov 14 2006 - 20:40:57 EST

He notes himself that he doesn't have any machining tools available
to him. The method of building a case was to heat certain points of
it to malleability and bend it.

The one with the keyboard I think is kind of silly, the tablet
edition (MKIII tablet), which has a touch screen on it, is
INCREDIBLE. The fact that it has a fully functional touch screen and
a complete set of ports makes it *The* ultra portable. This system
obviously wasn't designed as prototype for a final product, but
rather a proof of concept (or just plain fun). I'm sure that if he
were pushing to actually produce something like this, he would look
at getting a custom keyboard (such as the one that appears on the
pepper pad)

This is amazing. I don't think there is any word short of that that's
appropriate. No doubt Apple could do it slimmer, sleeker, and
prettier, but the fact that this guy did it at all is awesome.