Re: [NTLK] You all know how good it feels...

From: James Fraser <fast_fierce_and_funny_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon May 29 2006 - 23:13:27 EDT

Puckdropper <puckdropper_at_yahoo.com> wrote

>I think Apple's mistake was
>having a writable surface under the frame of the
>screen and not sealing it for dust.

Has anyone experimented with sealants and found one safe for both the Newton
Screen and case plastics? It would be nice if there were some sort of
"treatment" one could perform on the Newt to help increase it's longevity.

I ask this because I seem to have an MP 2K with jaggies that causes pen
input to be off *just enough*.......to make it quite excruciating to use.
If there's anything reasonable I could do to help prevent something like
this from occurring on another unit, please tell me what it is.

>If they had a small (say 1 mm) border around the frame and sealed it, I
>doubt the jaggies would be as >big of problem.

Would it be possible to develop, say, a thin rubber "NewtGasket" that could
be installed to help prevent the jaggies?

>I'm not an engineer, I just play one on MS Train Simulator! (chuckles)

Neither am I. But I have seen one on television.

Best,

James Fraser

Best,

James Fraser