[NTLK] "Custom Audio Dongle?"

From: James Fraser <fast_fierce_and_funny_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri May 26 2006 - 21:50:49 EDT

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone provide background on this dongle:

http://i4.tinypic.com/10rk8li.jpg

I've heard it referred to in passing as a "custom audio dongle"...and that's
all I know about it.

Were many of these made and who made them? Were they expensive when they
first came out?

To tell the truth, I bought it as a "temporary" dongle to allow me to mess
about with audio until I can get a better one. And, of course, the more I
stare at it, the more intrigued I become. There don't seem to be any
manufacturer's marks or anything; odd. I have images of some guy churning
these out in a dank cellar somewhere. But that might be because I'm partial
to dank cellars myself.

Perhaps someone on the list bought one of these when they first came out?
I'd be grateful for any information. Most things concerning the Newt seem
fairly well documented, but this seems to be an exception to that rule.

Best,

James Fraser