[NTLK] [ANN] Upgrade Newton Internet Enabler Initiative

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 08:04:03 EDT

Hi,

recently on the list has been discussed about the issues
of the html rendering capabilities on Newton OS 2.1
http://tinyurl.com/nc2qn

The hardware present in the MessagePad2x00 series' could let us have
a much more complete experience when surfing the internet, but the
software part (the NIE suite) really needs to be updated.

An update of the 'Newton Internet Enabler' (NIE) would require so
much time and efforts,
so i started an initiative called "Upgrade NIE" available here:
http://u.nie.notwen.com/

The U.NIE webpage actually shows some basic guidelines only,
but the comment window can be used to add your impressions, questions
and answers.

I am not a software developer, and the initiative's webpage lacks
most of the essential tech infos.
So i hope you would share with me/us every notice which could be of
help to developers.

Then i am collecting donations, which would constitute a prize
for the developer who will spend his/her efforts to the initiative.

I have already donated 50.00usd to the "Upgrade Newton Internet
Enabler initiative",
and any contribute will be very much appreciated.

If you would love to leave your own contribute just click on the
'donate' button
available in the initiative's webpage, and follow paypal's directions.

Each donation received will be published on U.NIE following your
preferences
(just let me know if you want to put a link to your website,
or a mail address, or a photo, or the link to your avatar, etc...).

If for any reason, not a single Newton developer on this planet
wouldn't find the time to amaze us, each contributor will get a
complete refund.

Please let me know what do you think about this initiative.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Adriano Angelillis

http://notwen.com