Re: [NTLK] Heaps of heap... not?

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 14:46:34 EDT

On 5/16/2006 1:52 PM, andy bloom wrote:
> Evenin' all
> I've been having all sorts of fun with the newly acquired MP2000...
> using all the nice upgrady things writeStuff has to offer Works,
> improving the HWR with some Standalone freebies etc.

Hmm WriteStuff offers HWR you shouldn't need to use Standlone Freebies
and they may conflict.

> The two problems I have are with regard to networking...
> 1. I've downloaded all the relevant software for Bluetooth
> connectivity, have working Pico card and have gone through the Wiki
> steps to get the fella up and going but get instant error messages
> when trying to connect to my iBook. Am I running out of heap or the
> suchlike?

If you are running out of heap it will say "you are running out of
memory, restarting may help this problem?" and gives you a restart button

> 2. If so, can I transfer some of the applications to my flashcard to
> open a bit of space up? I've tried freezing them and trying things
> but with no luck... what's the story?

Yes you can always transfer applications (packages) to your flashcard
but that won't help you if your problem is heap. Only freezing will
help heap problems (that or a upgrade). How to move a application: open
extras, tap and hold on a package till you hear the squeak and the
package is highlighted, tap folder (file) and file it to your flash
card. This will work with most applications unless they are protected.
 If that is the case you either need to delete the package and reinstall
it from your desktop this time installing on the card. Or use
EEUnprotect package. This will allow you to move it over even if the
protect bit is on.

-Dan