Re: [NTLK] Stupid programming horse sh%t

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat May 13 2006 - 00:21:35 EDT

Hey Matt...
  Don't get PO'ed...ask for help first.
  What is the archive you are trying work with? I'll try to grab it and uncompress it. It I can get it to work, I'll host the files on my server until you get what you need.
  Let me know.
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
mkow1234@aol.com wrote:
  I am really PO'd.

Tonight, I thought I should at least try to download and install the
Newton Developer's Tool Kit for Windows, to see if I could teach myself
some of the basics. Only, the thing is, the stuff does not unzip and
download properly. It unzips to some horse sh%t folder with an .SIT
extension. Fro there, I try to unstuff the file further, only to get
error messages. Another time, one of the files "unzipped" to become an
unintelligible DOC.Z folder, and so on.

I have a StuffIt software app that is supposed to be able to handle
basic stuffing and unstuffing duties, but it can't seem to open this.
Another thing, why is one of the downloads (depending upon which site
one visits) between 5 and twenty-one meg? WTF?!
One more thing, if the file data on UNNA and elsewhere is corrupted,
why hasn't somebody replaced it with working files?
What a frustrating clusterfunk of total time-wasting BS.

I thought that UNNA at least would make the process as simple and as
easy as possible, to ENCOURAGE others to take up programming. Somebody
PLEASE send me a link to a working, simple and easy to unzip, folder of
the bare neccessity Newton SDK and documentation, for God's sake.

Thank you.

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan, USA

"Traveling on a domestic airline with children on board is like traveling with a Chihuahua with diarrhea"
   Jerry Clavner, a sociology and anthropology professor from Cleveland.

Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do.  Get it on your phone.