Re: [NTLK] Connecting a 2100 to modern iMac via serial cable

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue May 09 2006 - 21:19:50 EDT

I suspect that your problem is that once the drivers for the serial/
usb are installed in os x they are not available to classic, at least
this is the case for KeySpan.
Use Steven Frank's NewTen to install packages over serial. Works in
OS X.
see <http://www.stevenf.com/software/newten/>
No offense but have a look at the newbie section of wikiwikinewt for
additional connection info
see <http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/NewtonNewbieGuide>
Set your Newt up to use appletalk over ethernet and you will be able
to use NCU in Classic.

See Frank Gruendel's site
<http://www.pda-soft.de/ethernetconnectivity.html> or
Ed Kummel's package downloader
<http://newton.tek-ed.com/>

Once you have these installed you will be able to use Escale via tcp/
ip and some features of NewtSync seem reliable, check recent archives.

Welcome back and good luck

Woody