Re: [NTLK] Verizon

From: Gopi D Flaherty <gf2e_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 10:34:00 EDT

On Thu, 4 May 2006, Steve Wolfson wrote:
> Has anyone tried using a Verizon EDO Card (specifically the one made
> by Kyocera). It seems to be more of a modem then a network card to a
> PC.

If you're referring to the Kyocera KPC650 that I see on Verizon's web
site, unfortunately it's a Cardbus card, which makes it essentially PCI.
The Newton doesn't support Cardbus cards at all, so there's no way to make
it work on your Newton.

The Sierra Wireless Aircard 555D looks like a PCMCIA card, and supports
many difference OSs, from win95 to WinCE. I'd suspect it will probably
work with a Newton as a standard modem with just special init strings, but
really I'm just guessing.