Re: [NTLK] Newton users in the UK

From: <d_nye_at_charter.net>
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 15:39:44 EDT

"We may not win the World Cup [note for our transatlantic friends - it's an international soccer tournament, and yes, the US is in it, if only briefly] but surely we can do better than our current Newton map score. "

Zing! Good one! Take that Major League Soccer!

"It's more embarrassing than our Eurovision entry, and that's saying something! [note for our transatlantic friends - a bizarre and kitsch 'popular' music contest featuring lots of countries you didn't even know were in Eurpe, and no decent band worth their salt would ever want to be seen dead in. Sometimes won by Ireland]"

I hope it isn't any worse than our "American Idol". Or our Star Search for that matter...

Cheers!