Re: [NTLK] eBay something you might want to know.

From: Zoont Foomby <zoontf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 29 2006 - 19:06:32 EST

> 2) If you use a Free PayPal Account then you are REQUIRED to be
> willing to convert your account to a Premier or Business PAID account.
> This is because those accounts can accept Credit Card and Debit Card
> Card Funded Funds while a Free PayPal Account CAN NOT accept these
> types of funds...

I don't get it. I have a 'premier' account and I don't pay a monthly fee to
maintain it. Sure, I get hit with a fee if I accept payment, but then that
makes sense. Is this what you mean by paid account? Or do you mean PayPal is
charging you money just to maintain your account?

Even then, why is it bad that they charge money to transfer the money? How
else are they going to make a living? Every action tied to credit cards
costs money - which is why real merchants (I mean, non digital, non e-bay
merchants) can't accept credit cards for ultra small purchases - because the
merchant pays a fee to process your credit card. So, if you buy a can of
coke with a visa, the merchant has to absorb the CC fee which is probably
more than the coke itself.

Doesn't the bank charge to write up a cashier's cheque, even? Aside from
sending someone a cheque or cash, we're going to have to pay to move the
money.

I guess I don't really understand the problem?