Re: [NTLK] Has anyone ever seen/ heard of a "Burroughs Pack?"

From: Paul Curtis <MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net>
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 19:31:30 EST

Did I miss a link to some pics?

Best Regards,

Paul Curtis
Home Pro™ Savings Director

(517) 775-6666 Cell (Voice Mail)
(517) 579-0849 Home Facsimile
(517) 327-4200 Office
(517) 327-4300 Office Facsimile
www.HomeProASAP.com

-----Original Message-----
From: newtontalk-bounce@newtontalk.net
[mailto:newtontalk-bounce@newtontalk.net] On Behalf Of James Fraser
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 5:52 PM
To: newtontalk@newtontalk.net
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Has anyone ever seen/ heard of a "Burroughs Pack?"

Hello,

>I've had a BurroPak since 1999.

So is the build quality (stitching, etc.) of these things pretty good, then?

  Or has it only been used on Sundays? [smile]

>It's quite handy and comfortable, much better than letting a belt pouch
>drag your pants halfway down.

With the amount of gear that some people carry, it's all too easy to start
looking like some sort of bargain-basement Batman.

Not that I speak from experience, you understand. ¬_¬

>I still use it when covering events where I need faster access to the
>Newton than a messenger bag or backpack allow.

Well, if you ever get tired of it (I mean, doubtless you're sick of the
color by now! ) I know at least one person who'd prolly be interested in
taking it off your hands...

>The only disadvantage is that it looks a lot like a concealed-weapon rig.
>Depending on where you normally
>travel, this could be good or bad.

Perhaps that's why the manufacturer seems to have left the scene early in
2002 (at least as far as the last
Wayback Machine entry helpfully provided by Mr. Surles goes): after all the,
um, "excitement" late in the previous year, perhaps people were just too
leery of creating that sort of appearance. I'm guessing here, of course.

At any rate, the BurroPak looks like Yet Another One of those eminently
practical bits of gear that I always seem to find out about (long after
they've been discontinued, that is). Ah, well...

Best,

James Fraser

Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/ WikiWikiNewt for all
kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/