[NTLK] Newton Books in Mozilla

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Mar 19 2006 - 10:28:02 EST

I changed the Subject line and am putting this out to the group again
because since Greg first mentioned it in January, there has been
almost no comment. And i see this as am important contribution.
The only device that I have that runs Mozilla is my desktop computer
and to be honest i don't find the converted books to be particularly
readable, however the text can be cut and pasted. This has allowed
me to extract the text from a compiled Newton Book and reformat it to
fit my Newton's display and to accommodate my visual needs. Thank
you Eric.

In the past I used NewtsCape by Steve Weyer to save the book as a
Newtworks paper and reformatted it. This is slow and has twice
contributed to causing flash cards to fail, probably because the
files are huge.

Has anyone tried this extension on a hand held device like the Nokia
770?

Woody