Re: [NTLK] Japanese Input

From: Tagatac, Peter <peter.tagatac_at_qwest.com>
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 10:02:32 EST

In the past I have used Tomoyoshi Murai's Newton Japanese Input Method
(nJIM). It is easy to install and use. Murai-san's web pages explain
clearly what files are required and how to use. Briefly, one enters
Romaji, double taps the keyboard icon to find the nJIM palette,
translates to Hiragana/Katakana and the Kanji if desired. A direct link
to the NJIM web page and files is located here:

http://tmurai-web.hp.infoseek.co.jp/computers/freeware/newton/nJIM/nJIM.
html

NJIM works with NOS2.x. I have used this on an MP130/NOS2.0 with no
problem. Not all fonts are created equal; personally, I prefer the
Kaname font.

-- peter tagatac