Re: [NTLK] replace emate battery when fixing hinge?

From: Ralph Glatt <julian814_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat Mar 11 2006 - 15:54:41 EST

>Is it easy to replace an emate's battery when fixing the hinges? Does it
>need to be an Apple battery or does someone make a different one. They
>seem
>to by around $15 on eBay with shipping.

From my personal experience just now, if you do decide to re-cell your
powerpack, have someone else do it, especially if you're like me and have
shakey hands and not that much experience with a soldering iron. ;-) Another
thing you might consider is Stephanie Mak's battery modification, which
would replace the pack with a cell holder. Not for the faint of heart, but
when it's done, it makes replacing the cells *much* easier from then on.

Ralph