Re: [NTLK] OT: MS version of Newton Successor

From: Karel Jansens <kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be>
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 05:37:59 EST

Marcus Hammerschmitt schreef:
> At 03:05 08.03.2006, you wrote:
>

>>In later generations, probably next year or later, the devices could
>>have the pocket size, all-day battery life, and $500 price that
>>Microsoft and Intel are aiming for, Graff said in an interview.
>>
>>The first generation of devices are likely to get about three hours
>>of battery life, he said.
>

> That sounds like a clear warning to early adopters. 3 hours, my goodness.
> Though I'd really like to know what's meant by "the Windows XP variant being
> used for Origami."

That's the one that keeps the battery life at 3 hours.

Seriously, this "origami" is a blatant rip-off of the Nokia 770, which
is not perfect either, but at least has 7 hours of battery juice.

I guess that, since Microsoft are tied in to their own crappy O/S, real
power management is out of the question for "origami".

Karel Jansens