[NTLK] language translation (was Re: Need info on Siemens Newton NotePhone manuals)

From: dano <dano_at_well.com>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 23:48:41 EST

At 11:04 AM -0500 3/6/06, SarahStryker@aol.com wrote:
>Another thought... does anyone know of a good, accurate software program that
>translates from one language to another for the Mac? I could use something
>like that, and then create a downloadable .pdf for the list. Your thoughts on
>this?

I used to use* UltraLingua a lot for French<->English. (Long before
the International Herald Tribune adopted it for their on-the-fly
translation.) It worked fine for fr-en, but German is a more nuanced
and difficult language than either of those. The product seems pretty
good though; the company has a good reputation and has been growing
steadily even before the IHT deal. It started as a Macintosh company
and only awhile later did Windows if I remember correctly. They've
got a demo so you can try it out, but it's pretty affordable if you
decide to buy.

(*I haven't upgraded since before OSX came out. Thanks for the
reminder, it's time for me to do so.)