Re: [NTLK] OT: Was Newton Development Contest

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 22:46:22 EST

On 3/6/06, Knowledge Navigator <knowledgenavigator@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fourth: When installed in Newton's, My internal serial board does not
> crack the rear housing.

KN,

Flaming a side..
.
You mean to say your Dongle Destroyer when installed DOES NOT cause the case
of the Newton to BULGE, FLEX or CRACK (at a later date) in ANYWAY?

IF one's case of their Newton were to BULGE, FLEX or CRACK does this mean
you will Replace and Ship for FREE to the owner of your Dongle Destroyer a
REPLACEMENT CASE (bottom half) to fix a cracked case due to the installation
of the Dongle Destroyer? The crack is pretty much going to be situated in
the general area around the installation area of the Dongle Destroyer...

I just installed one and saw that your Dongle Destroyer caused the case to
BULGE.
Now is this considered a DEFECT of your design then? or is it a defect of
David's design? you stated in your Fourth Point:

Fourth: When installed in Newton's, My internal serial board does not crack
the rear housing.

and this condition runs contrary to that.. I tried checking everything and
no matter what I did the board caused the case to bulge - If I tightened the
screws appropriately it caused the case to slightly deform and you could see
that it was stressing the case... I had to tighten the screws moderately so
that the case would not flex so much (it still flexed). What are you going
to do for the buyer? Are you going to replace his case if it cracks? If he
tightens the screw snug (not overly tight) it will undoubtedly crack the
case - who knows when...is there a limit to you warranty regarding this? I
mean IF you are selling to the Newton Community here and I'm asked to
install another example I'd like to know what to tell the person regarding
this issue...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung