Re: [NTLK] Questions about cardphones

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_nerdshack.com>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 16:34:25 EST

Hi
I am still on my quest to get a Nokia CardPhone2 running smoothly with
my MP2000.
But from reading every single archive relating to this, and searching
the web, I'm not convinced this really worked well for anyone.
Although the driver is on UNNA, most of the archives talk about
difficulties in setting it up and no concrete examples of success.

Did or is anyone out there using one successfully? If so could you share
your settings with me?

I do have a reliable alternative in the form of a Nokia 2100 and GSM
card which works well for email.
However when I try to use the CardPhone with the UNNA driver using the
the same internet connection it dials but then responds, 'No Answer'.

So far I've:

Tried the card out on a windows laptop. It worked fine for SMS
messaging but came up with 'No answer' when attempting to use to make an
internet connection.
Installed Modem Modifier on the Newt and tried out a range of settings
including one suggested in an old archive.

It would be a neat to get this working as they are selling very cheaply
on Ebay, I bought mine for 99p.
Emails on the move for only a few pounds would be cool.

Advice from members would be welcome.
Thanks
Andy