[NTLK] OT os X server hardware and IR controller for Newton

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 19:49:10 EST

This is a bit OT, but I'm looking to setup an os X server and am trying
to find pointers to a decent but cheap hw requirement. My googles are
not as clean as I expected. If anyone has any pointers then I'd
appreciate it.
------------- NEWTON Content ----------
Also are there any specific options in the server to support Appletalk
protocols that may not be available in regular os X as I'm thinking that
I can make use of shares and printers from a hardwired newton to be able
to print.

Is the source available for the IR controller that runs on the Newton
and has anyone tried to use it with the current crop of recievers?

thanks for the use of your bandwidth.

william

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.