[NTLK] Infrared port usability on new intel Macs

From: David Gibson <david.gibson_at_wap.org>
Date: Fri Mar 03 2006 - 12:25:33 EST

To all,

In their review of the new Macbook, Macworld says
at
http://www.macworld.com/2006/02/reviews/mbpromain/index.php

The MacBook Pro is Apple’s first laptop model to come with
an infrared remote control and Front Row software, and
there’s a corresponding infrared port on the front edge of
the system, to the left of the latch.

The question is whether this port might be in some way
compatible with the Newton 21001s IRDA port ? I have seen
very little information on this port beyond what is said
above. On the Apple site, all I could find was a
reference to "the infrared Apple Remote;" without
specifications.

Thanks,
David