Re: [NTLK] Bootstrapped! D'oh

From: Keyth Owen <keyth.owen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 16:11:23 EST

On 1 Mar, 2006, at 4:01 PM, Frank Gruendel wrote:

> Are you trying this through the eMate's MiniDin connector or through
> the interconnect port? ...

MiniDin. I don't have a dongle for the interconnect.

> Which desktop machine are you trying to connect to? If it is a
> state-of-the-art PC...

Powerbook G4 12" - I stopped using PCs last year. I do have a Powerbook
1400cs coming, tough, so I may find a solution to all this.

I do wish Apple wouldn't have killed off serial entirely, or would at
least release their own serial-to-USB adapter. My problem is basically
that the Mac doesn't recognize itself as having a serial port, even
through the adapter, despite Belkin's drivers.

Keyth