Re: [NTLK] making one note the backdrop?

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon Jun 19 2006 - 03:19:54 EDT

On 6/19/06, edward mccaughan <madscientist@macunlimited.net> wrote:
> *or, can anyone suggest a good app to use for a todo list that would
> work well as a a background app?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any replacement to-do app
that does heirachical to-dos. However, I can think of a couple
options. For one, you should download Datebar. It was done by SDH
EngSoft. The url in the about box is
<http://members.tripod.com/SDHEngSoft> but I doubt that is still good.
You hopefully can find it on UNNA.org's site. It allows you to quickly
switch between views in the built-in Dates app. It's quite cool, and
probably the most useful little extension I've ever had for my Newton.
It basically almost did away with my need for Action Names or other
apps of its ilk.

However, there is Action Names, which I use too. You can download it,
find the registration codes on the ntlk archive, and use it. It has a
feature that it will automatically pop up every time you turn on your
Newton or once a day. It's todos are a bit more powerful than the
builtin ones, in that you can attach times and alarms, as well as link
them to individuals in your address book.

There are other to-do replacements out there. Checking the unna.org
site will probably reveal them, but maybe somebody here can speak up.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland