Re: [NTLK] MacBook Pro - MessagePad 2000

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 11:29:43 EDT

I personally use a Buffalo WiFi Card and/or a Pico BlueTooth card
(recently I've been using the BlueTooth more than the WiFi) to
transfer files to and from the Newton and my MacBook Pro.

However, since bootstrapping is the real issue in this case, I'd
suggest a Keyspan USB-to-Serial adapter and Steven Frank's (http://
www.stevenf.com/software/newten/ -or- http://tinyurl.com/mteby). Once
you get that working (shouldn't be too difficult, it's all Universal
at this point), you can install the ethernet drivers (see the wiki
link at the bottom of all NTLK e-mails) and use that for file transfers.

However, I'd really suggest getting Blunt (Newton BlueTooth drivers;
http://www.40hz.org/) and a Pico BlueTooth card from Adriano's
"BlueTooth for Newbies" initiative (http://bt4n.notwen.com/).

Sincerely,

Morgan Aldridge