Re: [NTLK] itunes plugin - pixell.net server

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 11:06:14 EDT

The iTunes Device Plug-in SDK is no longer available from Apple as of
iTunes 5 (IIRC). It was never a publicly released API, so you had to
contact them regarding it on an individual basis.

I had actually contacted Apple regarding it when the PSP was released
and was informed that it was no longer being released as Apple was
not interested in supporting 3rd Party media players with iTunes. So,
don't expect to _ever_ see a Mac OS X version of the plug-in unless
someone exerts a lot of effort to reverse engineer the API. :(

BTW - I can also mirror the iTunes Plug-in on apple-archive.org, if
you'd like.

Sincerely,

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/
On Jul 27, 2006, at 6:32 PM, Roman Pixell [GMail] wrote:
[snip]
> for those who are interested in an OS X plug, i can only tell its not
> coming any time soon. eric schneck is the developer of the plug and
> he is not planning a port due to time limitations.
[snip]