[NTLK] Newton MP2100 stays on

From: Leslie Murphy <lesliemurphy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jul 17 2006 - 22:14:21 EDT

I resurected my Mp2100 from the basement where it was sitting idle for
years, only to find that it seems to keep some sort of power drain on to the
display even when I turn it off. The screen goes blank but still hear the
low "whine" that is present when the display is active. I am wondering if
some sort of circuit is blown that prevents the MP from truly going into a
sleep mode. I've completely reset the MP, so there is not any new sortware
running on it other than the NIE and the addd-oon's to help enable the WiFi
card.
I left the unit on for a few days and sure enough the batteries dropped down
to only half power or less.

Any ideas as to what might help?

Thanks,

Les Murphy