Re: [NTLK] Transferring notes and Works to Mac desktop

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Jul 02 2006 - 15:37:04 EDT

If you don't plan to run Classic then I think the easiest way to go
from Newt to os X is email.
I have had good success with using newtsync to get notes from the
Newt to OS X but others have reported difficulties. This will not
work with Works documents.

To go from Mac OS X to Newt if the newt is internet capable, you
can use Personal web sharing on mac and Newt's Cape on the Newt.
Look in your Mac user folder for sites..... follow directions.
Documents must be in HTML format, images can be either jpeg or gif
( keep Newts limitations in mind). If you create another folder in
sites, add its name to the http path to avoid the 'index' file.

Once the document has been loaded into Newt's Cape you can save it to
Works, notes or as a newton book.
Much of the formatting will remain.

Hopefully there is an easier way, but these work for me.

Woody