[NTLK] [FS] Dongle Destroyer (was SER-001 redux (possibly...))

From: Knowledge Navigator (knowledgenavigator_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 18:18:29 PST

Welcome Back PCBMan! Its Nice to hear from you again on the list!
I know from experience that proceeding with a production run on any PCB can be quite an expensive exercise especially when the resulting sales may not cover the production costs. I almost got into trouble with my eMate display cable (http://www.newtonsales.com/edc.htm) production run with a half-hearted interest in the product but I was fortunate that some interested clients managed to get into contact with me for a purchase. I commend you, David, on your original SER-001 Design, it was a great achievement at the time, and I believe it has inspired other developers to stand up and produce new hardware for the Newton platform.

Just a note that I still have several of my version of the SER-001, the "Dongle Destroyer" in stock on my website www.newtonsales.com/pcb.htm. All of my boards include a 'no questions asked' 1 year warranty and I will install boards free of charge to those that do not feel they are able. If interested in the installation service one must pay for shipping the unit to me and back. This board is an improvement over other versions as problems with housing cracks have been addressed and corrected.
The Dongle Destroyer will fit internally in any Newton 2000 or 2100 and add a permanent serial port. This will not enable a second serial port but rather just works on the same channel as the interconnect port.

Keep it Green!
Knowledgenavigator