Re: [NTLK] OT: DRM / IP rights WAS: Einstein ROMs

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 23 2006 - 03:02:20 PST

William,

> Not that all of the tch in a Newton is abandoned,
> just the form factor (the instantiation of Apples IP in the Newton
> form)

This is the core point that Apple may rouse itself to protect. The
HWR is very much an active part of Mac OSX and is the same code that
resides in the Newt ROM. I suspect that when an Apple tablet makes an
appearance, the HWR will become a very important differentiator for
them.

Will they tolerate that code being used freely outside a Newt?

I think it's unlikely.

Joel.