Re: [NTLK] Failure to set up a N2000 for wireless internet

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Jan 22 2006 - 11:00:01 PST

Because I shouldn't code until sunrise, I managed to say

> before you waste time on other attempts to get this to work,
> I'd recommend trying it with another card model like e. g.
> the Lucent Silver Bronze.

Sorry about that. I of course meant a Lucent Silver Turbo.

> The vendor of these cards sold a large number of them as Newton
> compatible on Ebay (with good feedback) at that time and I felt
> comforted that these were genuinely useable. Too late now! (Have
> resisted the temptation to name him here).

If his last name happens to begin with the letter "J", I have an
idea who it might be. I've pointed out to this seller that to the
best of my knowledge nobody has ever made this card work in a Newton
yet. Not that he changed his auction texts afterwards...

> Where would you recommend that I look for a useable card at a
> decent price? (UK preferably)

You might try Russ Bravo. He's the only one I know in the UK who's
selling Newton stuff, and he's a pleasure to deal with. You might
also try to get an Apple Airport station (the old one, not the
Airport Extreme one). These contain a Lucent Silver Turbo card as
far as I know.

Good luck

Frank