Re: [NTLK] Failure to set up a N2000 for wireless internet

From: Michael C. Wittmann (mwittmann_at_maine.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 22 2006 - 08:08:21 PST

Frank,

I have to contradict your comment here:.

On Jan 21, 2006, at 9:53 PM, Frank Gruendel wrote:
> I have never heard of anybody who
> got a Turbo Bronze to work in his Newton.

I get my Turbo Bronze to connect to my home network (which is not WEP
protected but requires the correct hardware MAC address to connect,
so only a few machines are allowed in). I get the IP address, and
occasionally am able to resolve an IP address. Usually, though, once
I have the IP, I get the message "unable to resolve DNS" or something
like that. I do not have this problem with wired ethernet.

I am unable to connect to my university's network, where the card's
hardware MAC address is listed in the database of allowed machines.
No IP is served by the DHCP at that point. It is very frustrating,
because I wanted to use the wireless for my university work.

My wireless card was also bought off eBay as "Newton compatible."
With the lack of success I've had, I am considering buying a
different card.

Michael