Re: [NTLK] Failure to set up a N2000 for wireless internet

From: Jon Scordia (jscordia_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jan 22 2006 - 03:10:38 PST

Thanks Frank!

Well, that's the rub. When I first got my Newton, I bought a number
of 'cool accessories' to go with it. However I had to wait until my
Newton skills, and my Apple wireless network, were improved, some 6-9
months on.

The vendor of these cards sold a large number of them as Newton
compatible on Ebay (with good feedback) at that time and I felt
comforted that these were genuinely useable. Too late now! (Have
resisted the temptation to name him here).

Where would you recommend that I look for a useable card at a decent
price? (UK preferably)

I will give it one more try with my Airport set up with no
encryption, though I would have thought that the card would 'see' my
neighbour's unprotected network (EVERYONE else can!) instead. Should
I try setting the card to 'roaming'? How does it chose between
multiple available networks? (a sign of modern urban times)

Thanks again,

Regards

Jon

The Lucent WaveLAN Turbo Bronze