Re: [NTLK] Using newtsync 0.3.3

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 08:49:15 PST

On 1/20/06, John <OceanCity_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I'm having the same issues.
> About 950 contacts, 0.3.3, NewtSync crashes after about twenty iterations.
> Has ANYONE been repeatably able to do a reliable sync with this number
> of contacts?
>
> >Does anyone have a fix for a problem I currently have with Newtsync 0.3.3
> >Initially I was able to get 930 contacts across from the Macintosh
> computer
> >Address Book to the Newton using Newtsync, however I can not sync the two
> >machines now. Newtsync crashes once we get to syncing 22 contacts.
> Any
> >ideas?

I've been able on multiple occasions to get about that many contacts into
the Newton via NewtSync. I never bothered tryingto Sync, as I feared
corruption of my Address Book file, so I just modify things on the computer.
The key for me was deleting all notes over a few words. There is a supposed
100character limit on notes in the Address Book, but my experience has been
that even shorter notes can hinder syncing. However, I don't remember if
NewtSync crashed or just quit--maybe both. I recommend going through your
notes in your Address Book, and deleting them, or at least notes over a
couple lines.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland