[NTLK] New Newton eBook publishing progress...

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 18:21:07 PST

Hey Newtonfolk,

I'm halfway through editing and adding hyperlink TOC codes for "Socrates Teachings". It's huge, so it's taking me a while. At first, it will be available only in the MP 2X00 format, but I will be happy to also upload the NP! file, so some other editor can convert it to other Newton formats.

I also downloaded the raw text files from Project Gutenberg for the following eBooks "Kidnapped!" by Robert Louis Stevenson, "The Jungle Book" by Rudyard Kipling, and "Black Beauty". I will format and edit these additional titles, if they have not already been "Newtonized" by somebody else already.

That's all I have to report on the eBook scene right now. Been busy with a new job, the woman has "walking pneumonia", and I'm trying to keep up with various other domestic and social responsibilities, so my Newtoning as of late has been sparse. Oh well. At least there's Socrates in the works. Shall I work on "Black Beauty" next? Or perhaps, "Kidnapped!"? Great classics for the youngsters...

Warmest regards,

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan, USA