Re: [NTLK] Help!!! Original Message Pad

From: Andrei Chichak (newton_at_chichak.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 08:06:52 PST

>1. It won't read the getting started card. Doesn't recognize it or says
>it's locked. Any thoughts?

I believe that the getting started card is supposed to be locked. I seem to
remember that it is a ROM card, not a Flash or RAM card. It is read only.

>2. Can I connect this thing to my windows xp machine and if so what do I
>need to do that.

NCU and a serial cable with a mini-DIN. I seem to remember that a
style-writer(??? early Macintosh dot matrix serial printer) or a Mac modem
cable works well, if all else fails use a 2100 serial cable without the
dongle.

It has been a few years since I played with one of those though, it's all
fading awayyyyy.

Andrei