Re: [NTLK] NCU success! now what... (was: NCU and AppleTalk, no joy)

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 05:44:39 PST

On 1/10/06, Roland Roberts <roland_at_astrofoto.org> wrote:

> But...let me ask the obvious question to do a "proper" restore, one
> normally does a brain wipe.

Not necessary, IMO. I've done bunches of restores without wiping first. I
don't think it's necessary, especially if you have apps on the MP you want
to restore to. Any soups you are restoring will overwrite the old soups, and
soups you don't need, you can delete either before or after the wipe. And a
full restore will, I believe, overwrite just about everything. There's no
need to do a brain wipe first.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland