[NTLK] Fwd: Syncing with Tiger?

From: Adrian Marsh (adrianrmarsh_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 09 2006 - 07:21:34 PST

Dear Jim,
I use Tiger (10.4.3), an iBook G4, the Classic OS included in the
installation, and NCU without problems. I connect via Appletalk,
using a Farallon Skyline 11 Mbps card, through an Airport Express
network. I haven't had any problems with that set-up, except when the
iBook is on another wireless network here (there are two in the
building), and can back-up, use the keyboard and download packages to
the MP2k2up easily, to the amazement of my friends who use Palms, etc.
The only slight drawback is the issue with downloading internet
packages using Safari - its problematic and I use Omni Web in
preference, as it seems to be easier. Once in my downloads folder, I
have to drag the pkg file to Packager, then go to "Get Info" and
choose "Open with…" and locate NCU. Its less of a problem with .zip
or .hqx files, when they unpack.
Regards,
Begin forwarded message: