Re: [NTLK] Notes enhancements

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Jan 09 2006 - 04:44:36 PST

On 1/9/06, Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de> wrote:

> >YMMV.
>
> How so?

 YMMV definitely holds true in regards to this package. I've used it for
years and years, on all my Newtons, and never had one problem, and I take
big notes. I've used it with NCU and Revalar Connection Utilities, and never
had a problem. Others have had problems from day one. I don't know why. But
in any case, it's worth trying out, and seeing.

The only down side is that you my not discover the problem until you try to
do a restore, so definitely do card backups, as well as NCU backups of your
internal memory, but that is a good general rule to follow.

Nobody has mentioned this recently, but at least on the Mac, never do
incremental backups with NCU. Always move your old backup, and make a fresh,
new backup file each and every time. Otherwise, you may--or should I say
will--corrupt your backup file, and won't be able to restore.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland