Re: [NTLK] New to Newtons

From: John (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jan 07 2006 - 17:46:33 PST

Hi Darak,

I'd start with the fundamentals.

First, do you have and have you tried using a direct cable connection?

Once you get going you'll be fine and everyone one this list has at one
time been in your shoes so may I suggest that you continue on course and
get your bearings. You may or may not have some type of a hardware or
software issue above and beyond all the normal learning curves.

Please start at the beginning by using the Newton Connection Utility
which you can download from UNNA.

I'd try to get a plain vanilla connection using a Newton cable first, if
for no other reason than to prove that your Newton(s) is healthy.

Below are the two types of cables I am aware of to make a connection
from your computer to your Newton:

<http://www.1234zzzz.com/pub/NewtCable.jpg>

<http://www.1234zzzz.com/pub/CableMac.jpg>

Hopefully you will get connected very soon!

Cheers,
John