Re: [NTLK] Handwriting recognition tips for Newton 2s

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt (Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Jan 07 2006 - 07:52:17 PST

At 00:50 07.01.2006, you wrote:

> I came across some really good handwriting recognition tips which have
>made using my MP2000 less frustrating.

(...)

>There's really tips about shortcuts for: carriage return, closing
>unintentional gaps and creating shortcuts.

Very useful tips indeed, for instance I didn't know about that
carriage return thing. Unfortunately, I can't get this

> if you define the string "bul" to expand into "< return >< opt-8 >< space >" (option-8 is the bullet character ),

to work (would help greatly my list keeping). When I try to pull
this one, writing "bul" don't give me a new list item but literally
"< return >< opt-8 >< space >". What am i getting wrong?

>To speed the weeks of learning the Paragraph recognizer must go thru to learn your handwriting you can preset some of the letters for your style.

Only now understood how this works. Could set my record straight, seems to
help signifcantly.

Best,

Marcus