Re: [NTLK] Nitro/OBEX problem

From: Roland Roberts (roland_at_astrofoto.org)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 10:14:34 PST

    gjw> you just "Beam" from one Newton to the other via the built in
    gjw> function?

>> DateMan doesn't show Beam as an option from the main display.
>> But if I click on an item to edit it, I can beam it from there.

    gjw> In regular view (as opposed to overview) You can't select it
    gjw> (sqweek) and then select the routing envelope? "Beam icon" is
    gjw> the top selection. I don't have Dateman to verify, but
    gjw> Freezeman will beam.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same view. I was trying to to
describe beaming the individual DateMan items, looking at the DateMan
display. From my "Agenda" view, it lists all of my TODOs, Calls, etc.
If I check them then tap the routing slip, it doesn't give beam as an
option. If i tap on an individual item which allows me to edit it, then
Beam is an option. In fact, from the Agenda view, I only have "OBEX
Dates" and "Mail" as routing options (ignoring things like delete,
duplicate, etc.). From the edit slip routing button, I get those plus
"Print", "FAX", and "Beam".

>> And the SAS Freeze utilities extension allows me to freeze
>> packages on my "old" MP, but not on the "new" one.

    gjw> Not sure why....owner info is exact?

I think it has to be, otherwise my registration codes wouldn't have
worked with the other packages from SAS.

Hmmm, I don't seem to have FreezeMan on *either* MP; I wonder if I used
to have and deleted it but it somehow activated features on the old MP
that aren't working on the new. Unfortunately, SAS has removed all of
there old descriptions of the Newton packages; you can download and
purchase (at least the page to do so is there), but there are no
descriptions anymore. Maybe I should drop them a note....

>> But...I've not had any luck with NBU; it *always* drops out
>> somewhere.

    gjw> Try increasing your memory to this app.......WAY UP, more than
    gjw> double whats needed.

Unfortunately, I'm running on a Windoze 95 host. That's why I was
wondering about switching to use NBU over AppleTalk.

    gjw> Button Bar (it's a little tricky at first) just hold down on
    gjw> the icon you want till it makes the 'squeek' noise, then slowly
    gjw> drag it from the unfiled area to the button bar.

>> They don't drag for me...all I get is a wide line which ends up
>> selecting other icons.

    gjw> It will work, just need practice, and push down a little
    gjw> firmer.

Ah, I got it. After the squeek, I have to pick up the stylus *then*
drag again. Thanks!

roland

--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland_at_rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court