Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Holidays Redux 2006

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 08:49:31 PST

Sonny Hung wrote:
> On 1/4/06, Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:
>> The Canadian file only has a dozen entries, the US about twice as many.
>
> Hey Victor,
>
> Actually now that you mention this could you possibly in the future
> change the TAG to (US) or (CA) - I would like to have both and it
> would be nice to know by a glance which Country has which holidays...
> what do you think?!
>
> It would be especially helpful if this was extended to other countries
> (by you or others) for people who travel who might want to have
> multiple holidays loaded up.Using this as a standard denotation would
> be helpful.

Well then, I could change the tag to be what Apple calls the files. All the
original ics files are called:

Canadian32Holidays.ics
US32Holidays.ics
UK32Holidays.ics
Jewish32Holidays.ics

I could change the tag to whatever the text before "32" in the filename is, it
would be much easier for me considering I'm now processing multiple files in
one go. Lookup tables for this kind of thing suck.

Actually it would prevent another problem with the automatic deletion as well,
so yeah, I'm going to make that change now.