[NTLK] SimpleMail or MailV?

From: Geoffery Forest <geoffreyforest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 02:21:55 EST

I remembered that I have an email address that doesn't require a
secure login, so I thought I'd give email a shot on the newton. I
installed Simple Mail first and tried it out and I was able to send
mail but not receive...it could have been my settings. But I noticed
that the newton referred to the mail program as Mail V, so I figured
that has taken the place of simple mail??
So I removed simple and installed Mail V. My outgoing server is a pop3
server so I installed the pop patch and i can send and receive...yay
for me!

My question is what's the difference between the two programs? Can one
do things that the other can't? I've read through the installation
procedures for both that describe all the packages and they seem
pretty similar, but i didn't see anythign about pop support in simple
mail...

Part two of my question is this: can I email a note from the newton
that has a sketch or ink toa computer? I tried it and the email came
with a attachment, and the file type was .nwt IIRC. Nothing seemed to
open this type. Can I save the note as some image type and then mail
it?

Finally, there is no way to get my gmail on the newt is there? The
only think I've figured is to have gmail send a copy of every message
to this other email service. I guess that's not a terrible solution.

thanks for all the help, i apologize if some of the questions are basic
-geoff