Re: [NTLK] eMate hinges and power adapter

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 16:38:40 PST

Oliver,

> I would not worry too much about the hinge repair, I have had my
> eMate since
> they first came out in the nineties and had no problems with it,
> there has
> been no work on the hinges since I got it new.

It will fail and the failure mode is now well understood, so it would
be a shame to have to repair or replace the display cable and lose
the use of your eMate for something that is as completely avoidable
as it is predictable.

I have seen too many eMates with this problem now so there's no excuse.

Joel.