Re: [NTLK] eMate hinges and power adapter

From: Keith Owen (keyth.owen_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 15:10:27 PST

I spoke to Wegener today. He said that he's just waiting on a power
supply, and (I think) mentioned that they're building one. We'll see
what I get, but I verified with him that I wouldn't be getting a Radio
Shack supply, and mentioned my concerns about the wrong power supply
doing damage. He said he was aware of the issue and would get the right
supply.

On a positive note, he did mention that the eMate is in great shape and
will come complete, including a manual, which I imagine is rare these
days. The battery they're supplying is new and holds a long charge. I'm
anxious to get this so I can start writing!

Once I get it, I'm thinking a trip to Detroit is in order. Matt K--
What do you want on your pizza? :)

I may still try the hinge repair on my own. It can't be that hard! I'm
not sure yet. Fine soldering is not my strong point.

Keyth