Re: [NTLK] Filepad Database or other databases

From: Adam Ladds (aladds_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 10:52:17 PST

I use filepad to organise my school timetable (one entry per day for
a 2 week timetable) and it works brilliantly. I also used it to
record the results of my geography coursework (measuring shop
heights, widths and doing pedestrian counts in Cambridge) and was
able to store the data easily, download it to my Quadra 840av via. a
serial cable with the supplied mac download software as a tabbed text
file and import it into FileMaker Pro 2.0 (I assume later versions
work too, but this was all I had on the quadra).

It is a very nice package and the only downside is that printing from
the application is limited to the area used by the older 1x0 series
newtons, so anything bigger is printed over the borders, which looks
strange. But importing using filemaker works fine.

cheers

Adam

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, at 11:55:58 +1100, "Michael Beale"
<mjbeale50_at_hotmail.com> wrote